I'm loving Lille. I'm loving French men. They are very nice to me. So, whoever thinks French people are mean...well, I don't think you were in France. Or maybe you've just been to Paris. But, I've met nice French men there too. I went to buy a phone yesterday and I found one for really cheap and the guy who sold me the phone gave me a free case too. He was really helpful and he thought my PA license was hilarious. I can now contact my friends here when I need to, which is important for meeting up in Lille since we are staying outside the city with different host families.
Yesterday, I walked around Lille for a long time. My friends and I went window shopping and we sat in a little cafe for hours talking and drinking coffee. French coffee is strong! I wanted regular coffee, and ended up with basically two shots of espresso and milk.
Today, I started classes. My first class is 3.5 hours and it's mostly lecture. Then I have a break for lunch (yummy baguettes!) and after that another class for 2 hours which focuses on conversation. Instead of my conversation class today, we had a tour of campus and places around the university. On the way back from exploring, my friends and I stopped at another cafe, but this time I ordered a speculoos milkshake. I love Europe!! It was terrific. I'm now exhausted, but happy about that. I have a little homework, but it shouldn't take me long at all.
I'm planning on going to Calais this weekend to go to the beach. I'm hoping it works out...I'd love to start traveling a little.
No comments:
Post a Comment